Power the Flower 5K Race Management Services by Ultimate Racing Inc
Join us for the 2nd Annual Power the Flower 5k on Saturday, April 29, 2017. This growing event will take place at J. Allen Axson Elementary School in Jacksonville, Florida. All participants in the 5k will receive a custom shirt, finisher medal, podium and age group awards, and pre/post-race entertainment. All proceeds will go to Girl Power 2 Cure, a local 501c3, to help establish a Rett U Live literacy and communication seminar in Northeast Florida.
What is Rett U? Rett U is an international e-learning platform specifically designed for parents, educators and therapists of Rett Syndrome students. Experienced professionals share their cutting-edge knowledge on how to support their students with Rett Syndrome and guide them to their highest levels of academic, physical and personal achievement.
How can Rett U help families in NE Florida? Rett University wants to help you to: - help your student/child learn to read and write - develop real communication skills - learn strategies for sensory regulation - learn where to start when initially diagnosed to build communication and appropriate expectations - develop effective appropriate IEP goals
Does my child/student/patient have to have a Rett Syndrome diagnosis in order for me to participate in Rett U functions? - No, the lessons offered by Rett U can be applied to people living with other special needs.
New for 2017: - Wheelchair Division: separate age group awards and earlier start time
5k - Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 7:55 a.m.
FUN RUN - Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 8:55 a.m.
J.Allen Axson Montessori School
4763 Sutton Park Ct
Jacksonville, FL 32224
- 5k - $25 until January 31st, then $30.00 until April 10th, then $35 up to and on race day
- Fun Run - $15 until April 10th, then $20 up to and on race day
- Wheel Chair Riders - $5.00 Runners will receive a Medal
- Race day registration starts at 7:00 a.m. and closes sharply at 7:45 a.m.
- Awards to top three male and female overall and first male and female masters based on chip start time.
- Age-group certificates will be presented to the top 3 finishers in each of the following male and female age groups, based on gun start time.
- 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 and 70 & over
No refunds for this event